rss

Welcome to Mayja's World

This is my online world. Mayja is my online identity. I hope you enjoy my ramblings, things I share, and my hobbies.

In addition, I am a WoW gamer. So, you'll see some gamerspeak in here as well. :P


Say YES to Michigan! and the Civil Service Commission!

Posted by Mayja | Posted in

It has happened - I got a job! Almost one year to the day of my layoff I will finally rejoin the workforce. With an unemployment rate of 20% in MI, it has been a long hard year of searching and all of that work has finally paid off.


Back in March, I submitted my resume and credentials on the MI.gov website. It wasn't until September when I received a call for a phone screen that eventually got me a panel interview. I had to take a few MS Office tests too. All in all, it was pretty easy and all of their questions were scripted.

This past Monday I received a phone call from a representative from the state's HR department. I had 24 hours to complete a drug screening if I wanted to be considered for an immediate opening. Plus, I had to get fingerprinted. Well, I was out of the house in 10 minutes and on my way to the Dept. of Health and Human Services to pick up my forms. In 24 hours, I was tested and printed.
They must have rushed the results of my test because I got called back today. The position is for an Assistant Payments Worker. I'll be reviewing cases to determine eligibility of benefits for state aid. I certainly can already relate to the customer experience. Now, it's time to see what happens on the other side. Orientation begins after Thanksgiving. Time to start getting up early again.

Say YES to Michigan! and the Civil Service Commission!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend