rss

Welcome to Mayja's World

This is my online world. Mayja is my online identity. I hope you enjoy my ramblings, things I share, and my hobbies.

In addition, I am a WoW gamer. So, you'll see some gamerspeak in here as well. :P


The Job Hunt Continues

Posted by Mayja | Posted in

I've been using Craigslist lately just in case something interesting or unusual pops up on the radar. One position I found is with Media Genesis, which is a very respectable online marketing company. I found MACPA (Michigan Associate of Certified Public Accountants). They were rated one of Crain's Detroit "Best Places to Work". I just hope they have a sense of humor. I know; bad stereotype.

Unfortunately, not all Craigslist advertisements are actual job offers. I found an hourly position that was mostly for an assistant's work, but offered great growth opportunity. I submitted my resume and cover letter, and immediately received a response in my inbox. I figured it was one of those autoresponders (it was), but it was telling me the next step would be to submit my credit report via this free website. I was so pissed! What a scam and a waste of my time.

Understandably, there will be those who decide to take advantage of us who are unemployed and who will do anything for a chance at a job. At least I didn't show up in person somewhere to find out that I'm being recruited for door-to-door sales, like AT&T.

AT&T posted marketing positions for their new U-Verse system. A lot of people turned out for interviews. Many of the people there were older than me and dressed in their finest suits. Sure enough, we all walked out in a huff when they took us back as a group to go over "the pitch."

I've thrown more resumes out yet again, and hopefully some of them will bite.

The Job Hunt ContinuesSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend