rss

Welcome to Mayja's World

This is my online world. Mayja is my online identity. I hope you enjoy my ramblings, things I share, and my hobbies.

In addition, I am a WoW gamer. So, you'll see some gamerspeak in here as well. :P


It's Crab Time! Release the Hermits!

Posted by Mayja | Posted in ,


I woke up this morning, turned on the tank lights and BOOM! Brown algae all over my liverock. I immediately contacted Patrick from Amazon Stingrays and he promised to bring in the clean up crew: red and blue legged hermit crabs!

These guys love to feast on algae and other stuff in the substrate, like uneaten fish food. I never thought that I would be so fascinated by these little guys, but they are too cool to watch! So far, I have 10 in the tank. I'll keep adding more as I need more things cleaned.


It's Crab Time! Release the Hermits!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend