rss

Welcome to Mayja's World

This is my online world. Mayja is my online identity. I hope you enjoy my ramblings, things I share, and my hobbies.

In addition, I am a WoW gamer. So, you'll see some gamerspeak in here as well. :P


Raktajino, Extra Sweet

Posted by Mayja | Posted in ,

DS9Image by ronallan via Flickr

It's been a long time coming and with the encouragement of both my husband and a good friend (both Trekkies) I finally watched all 7 seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Why did I wait so long? This is an amazing series and it's much different in story-telling than any of the other Star Trek shows. It's very similar to Babylon 5, another favorite of mine, where each episode flows into the next like chapters of a book. Not everything is resolved in 45 minutes, and frankly it's quite refreshing.


Now, why did I title this post Raktajino?

So, my husband and I were at our new favorite local brewery having lunch. They recently updated their menu and we were going through all of the new dishes when hubby pointed out the latest beverage. You guessed it: Rakajino!!

Here's a site that actually gives the recipies for this fabulous coffee beverage. This was the favorite beverage of my favorite character on the show: the intelligent, gorgeous and hilarious Trill, Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax.

Needless to say, we were both dazzled by this discovery and immediately called over the manager to let him know what geeks we both are, and to compliment him on his new beverage. He laughed, and we talked about the show for a bit before returning to our lunches.

I know I'll be making this at home for sure... just in time to rewatch the entire series! My husband's going to kill me for this - lol!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Raktajino, Extra SweetSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend